[GRASSLIST:8188] Re: Grass6.0.1 Binaries for Mandrake 10.0

Alejandro Hinojosa alhinc at cicese.mx
Tue Sep 6 17:33:04 EDT 2005

Dear list,
Since nobody came to the rescue but Otto , let me tell you how i fixed
using the binary distribution  intended for Mandrake 10.1 in version 10.0
This is to solve the dependencies of the distribution rpms. Otto indirectly
suggested to migrate to 10.1, but sometimes it's to much hassle to
backup  everything before migrating.

I followed the installation sequence defined in the  readme of the
distribution site for Mandrake
http://www.gdf-hannover.de/media.php?id=1&lg=en
then when the dependencies started to appear i went
to  http://rpm.pbone.net  and searched for the libraries requested,
download them and installed manually with root privileges with  rpm
-ivh  package.rpm.

At the end, I got grass60 to run. I hope I don't get into furture problems
for running on version 10.0.
My first surprise, besides the interface, is that it will not see my old
vectors from 5.4.

Alejandro