[GRASSLIST:8348] Importing dem

Karl Murphy murphy at secure.lairdnovak.com
Mon Sep 19 23:36:44 EDT 2005

Hi all,
I'm having a problem with importing dem files. I'm using linux and Grass
6.0.1 I can view the raw files fine in QGIS but no matter how I try, I
just get a blank screen after importing into grass. I'm using the
standard sytax of "r.in.gdal in=file.dem out=file_dem" then I color it
with "r.colors file_dem color=grey" when I run "d.rast file_dem" (with a
open d.mon of course) It runs to 100%, and I see nothing. None of the
commands show an error, I've tried to run it with the region set to the
drg I'm using and everything. I've had it work before using the same
steps but for some reason it doesn't now.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Karl