[GRASSLIST:8381] Re: How to apply color scale for points?

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Thu Sep 22 11:30:14 EDT 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:00:20 +0200
Zbigniew Perski <perski at us.edu.pl> wrote:

> > > I am working on a large set of elevation points and i would like
> > > visualize  them in following way:
> > > - use circle symbol
> > > - the color of each circle will depend on its elevation as e.g. in
> > > rainbow  scheme for DEM.
> > > Is it possible in GRASS?
> >
> > I am sure this is possible, if you have a look here you will see it:
> >
> >  <http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/gmslab/gsoils/img/soilpts.gif>
> >
> > I am after this subject myself but up to now I am still not able to find a
> > relevant command in Nviz. it might be that the image above was visualised
> > in Viz5. Does anyone else know about it?
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Yes. I am looking something like that but for normal 2D map view.
> Any Ideas?

For 2-d views v.thematic in the 6.1 works for this nicely. Michael Barton posted an update to the d.m for 6.1 and it is included in there. I can't recall if it is in the current cvs d.m or not. It isn't in available in 6.0. As per 3-d views, I can't get nviz to function properly in 6.1 so I can't say, but AFAIK, that capability isn't available in 6.0 (at least not through the tk interface).

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
(Daniel J. Boorstin)