[GRASSLIST:8403] Re: ps.map resolution

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Sep 25 08:56:15 EDT 2005

Ian MacMillan wrote:

> Glynn, if I understand you correctly, the postscript file is written at
> the resolution of the region as long as that is coarser than the output
> device.  Otherwise, the file is written at the resolution of the output
> device.

No.

PostScript files don't have a resolution. A PostScript file is a
program which draws graphics onto a framebuffer (a 2D array of
pixels). The framebuffer has a resolution determined by the hardware.

Any rasters which are embedded in a PostScript file will have a
resolution. For ps.map's "raster" command, this is determined by the
current region settings.