[GRASSLIST:8412] fuel models in r.ros

Daniel Isenegger disen at geo.unizh.ch
Mon Sep 26 09:26:37 EDT 2005

Hi,
right now i'm working with fire modeling in Switzerland. I found the
fire simulation in Grass and find it very useful.
The only thing is that we have our own fuel models here.
In r.ros only the 13 NFFL-models are known, i.e. applicable.
I looked in the code (raster/wildfire/r.ros/main.c) and found the fuel
model, i.e. the parameters hardcoded (WO, DELTA, SIGMA, etc).

i guess i could add our model parameter here, but this is only guessing.
Has anybody done smth like that, any experiences?
Is there any  description of the implementation? I looked for the phd of
the author (noted on the man page of r.ros
"*Xu*, Jianping, 1994, Simulating the spread of wildfires using a
geographic information system and remote sensing, Ph. D. Dissertation,
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey. "
but i did not find an digital one.

Thanks a lot
Dani