[GRASSLIST:8421] Re: NVIZ broken after X.org install [solved]

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Mon Sep 26 14:52:28 EDT 2005

On Monday 26 September 2005 11:02 am, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> After a recent re-compile of GRASS6-CVS, I noticed that NVIZ fails to
> compile with the error:
>
> undefined reference to `XF86VidModeQueryVersion'
>
> Some googling suggests that this is an X.org related problem, as my X11
> header files and or libs are either in the way, or somehow confusing the
> NVIZ compilation.
>
> Has anyone dealt with this before?
>
> Thanks!

Well... Bad form replying to my own email, but it looks like I have uncovered
one way of fixing this problem:

add -lXxf86vm to the /nviz/src/Makefile

Perhaps we can put some kind of autodetection into the configure script? I
noticed that this does not happen with Kubuntu, but with Debian Sarge

Cheers,

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis