[GRASSLIST:8440] Re: NVIZ: segmentation fault on amd64

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 23:02:50 EDT 2005

> I am running grass 6.0 on amd64 Dell PC workstation on Ubuntu
> disribution. I have installed grass from deb packages and it is
> working apparently without problems. NVIZ starts normaly but if I am
> trying to load ANY dem it crash with "segmentation fault". No other
> errors are reported. All tcltk and other libraries are installed,
> OpenGL is working. What might be wrong?

Ubuntu is Debian based so this is the dreaded Debian/TclTk 8.4 bug..?
You'll probably need TclTk 8.3 installed?

"I have installed grass from deb packages"

which ones? debian.org[1]? DebianGIS project[2]? UbuntuGIS packages[3]?

[1] http://packages.debian.org/grass
[2] http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGIS

Hamish