[GRASSLIST:8447] New GRASS Module: v.drape

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Wed Sep 28 17:20:29 EDT 2005

Hi Radim and Markus,

Per Radim's suggestions I have created a new module called v.drape, wich will
create a 3D vector from a 2D vector and an elevation surface. Vector code was
borrowed from v.split, and raster sampling was based on code from v.sample.

Attached is an initial version of the source code, which seams to work fine
for lines. I still need to add support for points, and add some error
checking. Also, I have commented using Doxygen-style formatting, for later
programmer's manual creation. If this looks ok to you guys, I will write up
the description.html as soon as I can.

The new command works like this:
v.drape -C in=trails output=trails3d rast=elev_meters

A new 3D vector file is created, with a copy of the original DB table.

Cheers,

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis