[GRASSLIST:541] Re: New GUI suggestion

Jonathan Greenberg jgreenberg at arc.nasa.gov
Sat Apr 1 22:55:52 EST 2006

Glenn:

    Thanks for the quick reply?  This brings up a potential second feature
request which is some way to queue-up commands in GRASS so they run one
after another -- I'm sure this can be scripted, but I would think it would
be a fairly straightforward to make a general-use queue system in GRASS
(e.g. Do all commands in grass give some signal that they are "done" that a
potential queue manager might be able to track?)

    I've never had any problem with running r.sun a bunch of times (I have
several dual-processor machines, so I don't want them sitting idle if I can
avoid it), but I do see potential problems, e.g. If a script use the same
temporary file naming, or try to write out to an existing file.  Still, the
thing I like a lot about grass is that most of the time I want to do this
(run concurrent commands) it works great!

    By the way, is this forum the appropriate place to make feature
requests, or is there some tracking system for GRASS requests?

--j

--
Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
NRC Research Associate