[GRASSLIST:550] Re: v.in.dxf updated

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 04:56:16 EDT 2006

On 3/31/06, Huidae Cho <grass4u at gmail.com> wrote:
> v.in.dwg imports all objects into one layer and use "d.vect where=" to display
> some of them.  Then what is the layer concept for?  Actually, having multiple
> layers (tables) in the current v.in.dxf can easily mess up dbf/ directory if
> one does not use a real database.  What do you think is the best approach to
> this problem?

You are right, v.in.dwg imports everything in one layer.
I dont have strong opinion if division to layer on import is
better or not. It probably depends on how data are organized
in DXF - if a data source is more GIS (better layers) or more CAD
oriented. Would it be difficult to make it optional?

Radim
Radim