[GRASSLIST:564] Re: About FOSS4G Toolkit CD

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 08:00:37 EDT 2006

Hi Venkat,
  Nice compilation and extremely useful for people with slow internet speeds like
  in India.
  Alas I have only Mandrake10.. and returned
  Error: UN REGISTERED RPM
I believe we are supposed to use Mandrake10.1
  and the website U gave is nice, but could not get any of the sites open for
  downloading Mandriva2006 from (http://wwwnew.mandriva.com/en/downloads/mirrors/2006)

  Last time I downlloaded Mandrake10 from sites given by Ur researchers
  at Thailand. They even posted me a Live-Cd.
  Hope we can use it soon.
  Cheers
  Ravi

Venkatesh Raghavan <raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp> wrote:
  Dear All,

Glad to announce that our FOSS4G Toolkit ISO-Image
can be downloaded from http://wgrass.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/foss4g/

You can directly download the ISO-Image from
http://wgrass.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/foss4g/download/

Hope the ISO-CD can be uploaded to other sites,
so as save our bandwidth.

The CD includes GRASS-GIS, MapServer, GDAL, OSSIM, QGIS,
PostGIS, Mapbuilder, Mapbender, Cartoweb, Appformap,
kaMap, Worldkit, Plone, PrimaGIS and also some GPS related
RRM packages. A simple (crude but it works) installer
that can be run to install all RPM packages and necessary
tools libraries for compiling packages like GRASS (5.0.3 and
6.0.2), Qgis (0.74), GDAL1.3.1, PostGIS etc.

The FOSS4G ISO-Image was developed and tested on Mandriva Linux
2006. The Download edition of Mandriva 2006 has to be obtained
(http://wwwnew.mandriva.com/en/downloads/mirrors/2006) and
installed before installing the FOSS4G CD.

Most of the remaining problems are due to our limited knowledge
and time. We would be happy to have if the CD could be tested
and improved.

Regards

Venka