[GRASSLIST:597] Re: How to program a little script

Māris Nartišs maris.nartiss at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 05:48:20 EDT 2006

Hi,
first I suggest to look at alerady existing GRASS modules.

If already existing path calculation modules is not an option for You:
First You will need an algorithm how to travel from cell to cell and
calculate path length. I suggest to look at A*
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-star_search_algorithm). It's quite
simple.
Second You ahve to read r.mapcalc man page to see how this algorithm
can be implemented. Actualy coding it in C for GRASS is peace of cake,
if You can do same with shell and mapcalc.

wbr,
Maris.