[GRASSLIST:649] Re: running r.topmodel

Wouter Buytaert wouter.buytaert at tiscali.be
Mon Apr 10 13:20:00 EDT 2006

Hi Tom,

Moving to R is a personal choice, rather than one of the group. But as
well, there's not one topmodel but a whole bunch of concepts, of which a
few happened to make it to the internet...

I chose R primarily for uncertainty analysis: in R it is very easy to pull
parameters from whatever probability distribution you want, construct a
parameter matrix and do a Monte Carlo run over the whole matrix.
Similarly, you can feed the modelling results directly to whatever
likelihood function that is available (or that can be programmed) in R.

As a result, it should be quite straightforward to use a GLUE approach
within this framework...

cheers
wouter