[GRASSLIST:725] Re: problems with MASK

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Mon Apr 17 02:58:12 EDT 2006

Hello Andrea,

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 02:03:40 -0300 (BRST) andrea.iescheck at ufpr.br wrote:

> Hi
>
> I´ve been trying to create a mask in order to visualize the area
> where my data were collected.
> I´ve made a mask that represents the boundary of this area using
> r.digit. The mask is a raster map with value 1 (inside the area) and
> NULL (outside the area).
> With mapcalculator I´ve made the product of  the mask and the
> interpolated surface of my datafile. Also I used this mask as the
> raster file mask to generate the grid 3d file of my data.
> It works when I visualize the surfaces in grass but it doesn´t work
> properly when I try to visualize the volume (isosurfaces) with nviz -
> the isosurfaces don´t cover the hole area just a part of it.
> I`ve made a lot of tries but the results are almost the same.
> Is there another way to create this mask?
> I would appreciate if someone could help me.

I am not sure what the correct name for 3d-mask is, but I *think* it is
different than MASK. Perhaps someone with more experience can elaborate
on this a bit more.

Best
	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508