[GRASSLIST:730] GRASS SWIG interface

marcos boullón magán marcosboullon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 08:07:21 EDT 2006

Hello developers,

I gave a try to SWIG interface last week and it seems promising for
writing commands by using perl instead C (as I get rid off the
recompilling process; just edit and retry). However, I'm getting a bit
lost with the syntax.

If I can successfully translate (from C):
G_gisinit(argv[0]);
map_opt = G_define_standard_option(G_OPT_V_MAP);

to (perl):
Grassc::G_gisinit($0);
$map_opt = Grassc::G_define_standard_option($Grassc::G_OPT_V_MAP);

can anyone imagine how to translate:
if (G_parser(argc, argv)) exit(-1);
or
G_get_set_window (&window); ?

My guesses didn't work.

Thanks,

M.

PS: This message is related to SWIG, and I'm surfing those lists; but
maybe someone here managed to already do it.

--
-- marcos boullón magán