[GRASSLIST:824] Re: Live Earthquake Map: GRASS/PHP

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sun Apr 23 12:58:11 EDT 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 09:51:34PM +0300, M?ris Narti?s wrote:
> Nicie!
>
> I only suggest to generate maps from crontab every 5 min or so and not
> on-fly. It would make it work faster and lower load on server.
> (Imagine posting link on /. ;)

No bad idea. But next week we'll hopefully substitute the
server to a new machine. Currently it takes 4 seconds on the old
500MHz grass.itc.it, the new server will be happy to do it in
real time :-)
Then I'll also add to make a smaller map with the option to
enlarge it. The smaller static map will then be linked into
the snapshot section. Coming soon, once the server is migrated.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it