[GRASSLIST:838] Re: Planning swath bathymetry surveys

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Mon Apr 24 03:44:02 EDT 2006

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:34:07 +1200
Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1) "It appears that v.buffer buffers the nodes on the line segments
> rather than drawing parallel lines at the appropriate distance from
> the centerline."
>
> I don't think that is right, if the input feature is a line.

I guess statement 1) is somewhat right. See the attached screendump.
Red is the input lines, black is the output of the command:

v.buffer input=x_extr output=buffer type=boundary layer=1 buffer=100
scale=1.0 tolerance=0.01 debug=buffer

The dataset to reproduce this is here:
http://www.biol.uni.wroc.pl/sieczka/udostepnione/grass/huha2.tar.bz2
[3,3 MB]

(I've put it there as a testing case for bug report
http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4164)

Maciek

W polskim Internecie s? setki milion?w stron. My przekazujemy Tobie tylko najlepsze z nich!
http://katalog.panoramainternetu.pl/