[GRASSLIST:853] Re: have GRASS executing a command at startup

lponti at infinito.it lponti at infinito.it
Mon Apr 24 18:11:44 EDT 2006

Thanks Hamish,

I will look over the references you gave me. Now that you
tell me, I remember I thought that post was useful when I
read it, but couldn't figure how. I will give it another
try.
Thanks also for the grass.bashrc tips: they are great!
Ciao,

Luigi

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:09:51 +1200
  Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way to make GRASS execute a command at
>>startup? I have been
>> trying to do it for a while with no success. Among other
>>things, I have
>> tried somenthing like:
>>
>> echo scriptName | grass60
>

> for GIS commands:
>  http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2006-April/033601.html
>
> and search for other similar posts in the mailing list
>archives.
>

> You can put non-GIS startup commands in ~/.grass.bashrc
>(or .grass.cshrc)
> see
>http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass61/manuals/html61_user/variables.html
>

> e.g.:
> Setting enviro vars
> export GRASS_HTML_BROWSER=dillo
> export GRASS_PNG_COMPRESSION=9
>
> Aliases:
> alias d.font.vera='d.font.freetype
>/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-bitstream-vera/Vera.ttf'
>
> I like to set GRASS to a low priority so I can still use
>the system while
> number crunching:
> GRASS_PROC="`pgrep Init.sh`"
> if [ -n "$GRASS_PROC" ] ; then
>   echo "Setting GRASS priority low [proc $$]"
>   renice +16 -p $$
> fi
>

> Use a shorter prompt:  PS1="GRASS:\W > "
>
> etc.
>

> Hamish

INFINITO ADSLFLAT 4 MEGA: SOLO 27,90 EURO AL MESE IVA INCLUSA IP STATICO, BANDA GARANTITA 256Kbps ANTIVIRUS E FIREWALL INCLUSI NEL PREZZO

http://adsl.infinito.it