[GRASSLIST:855] Re: v.segment

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Apr 25 02:00:15 EDT 2006

Use v.category to attach categories.

V.to.db to add information to attribute table? I don't know if this works
with v.segment output or not. In fact, I can't figure out how v.segment
works either.

Create a dbf file using a spreadsheet (OO or Excel -- OO works better). Call
the first column "cat", make it an integer, and fill it with a sequence of
numbers equal to the number of points you have. Then use v.db.connect to
link them up.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University