[GRASSLIST:860] run grass commands via bash script

Luigi Ponti lponti at infinito.it
Tue Apr 25 15:01:06 EDT 2006

Hello Benjamin,

I am trying to have GRASS run a script at startup. I am doing this using
your grass-remote script which, if I understand correctly, takes
location path and script name as arguments. Since I am working on a
cygwin/grass60 system, I would start grass-remote with a windows batch
file (basically the one that ships with the cygwin binaries of grass).
However, it does not work properly because programs like clean_temp.exe
can't find libraries such as libgrass_gis.6.0.0.dll

In the mailing list archive, I found a reply by Glynn Clements and
Thomas Adams
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2005-September/030495.html
saying that a script needs to set up the necessary variables (e.g.
GISBASE, GISRC) itself before attempting to run GRASS commands. Since
grass-remote is shaped on Init.sh, it should set necessary variables.

Do you think this task is doable on cygwin/grass60? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Luigi