[GRASSLIST:864] GMT / GRASS use / shp2gmt

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Tue Apr 25 16:13:31 EDT 2006

Grudgingly I'm using GMT after working through Dylan's example and am
getting it to be somewhat functional.

I will be needing to script the building of a large number of maps
which I may store either in PostGIS or GRASS.

I've noticed in the use of shp2gmt that there is no way of adding in a
z attribute for use with the thematic colour assignment feature in GMT.
If necessary I can extract bits based on different attributes and add
them in separately, but it would be nice to be able to simply define a
colour them once and be done with it. Any suggestions on how I can turn
an attribute column in GRASS into a z-element that will be converted
with shp2gmt would be appreciated.

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)