[GRASSLIST:919] Re: Planning swath bathymetry surveys

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 19:55:19 EDT 2006

> > > I guess statement 1) is somewhat right. See the attached
> > > screendump. Red is the input lines, black is the output of the
> > > command:
> > >
> > > v.buffer input=x_extr output=buffer type=boundary layer=1
> > > buffer=100 scale=1.0 tolerance=0.01 debug=buffer
> >
> > I don't see the problem? Sure as part of the processing it buffers
> > about nodes, but after a disolve common boundaries cleaning step the
> > buffer looks correct between nodes as well? (see ski jump mid-right
> > side of your image)
>
> Why does it buffer around nodes anyway while we want it to buffer
> around lines (only)?

I still do not follow exactly what you are asking for...

For a single line, you want the buffer to have square ends, not rounded?
Distance from end point of a road is still distance from the road, yes?

Node is always on the line, so it doesn't matter if it buffers along
them as well as the line.  ???

Hamish