[GRASSLIST:949] Re: qgis and grass "cannot read region"

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 21:23:34 EDT 2006

> I have some problem when I run qgis from grass. I have this warning:
>
> Cannot read current region: is invalid line 11: <top:   1>
>
> so when I try to open a grass vector file qgis will crash.
> I tried to check my grass region setting but It seem good

top, bottom, etc were added with 3D region support with GRASS 6.

Something on your system apparently didn't get the memo.

Are either your copy of QGIS or GDAL (+GDAL GRASS plugin) several
versions out of date?

You will see the same problem if you try and load a GRASS 6 mapset from
GRASS 5. I am not sure if this has been fixed in CVS for a (possible?)
future GRASS 5.4.1 release.

quick temporary fix: if you don't use 3D rasters, delete the top,
bottom, rows3, etc lines from the $MAPSET/WIND file just before you
launch QGIS.

Hamish