[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1169] Flow accumulation revisited (MFD + cost surface)

Jonathan Greenberg jgreenberg at arc.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 1 13:48:54 EDT 2006

So I'm in a bit of a quandary here -- I want to use a MFD flow algorithm,
but I want it used on a surface of precipitation (so the accumulation isn't
calculating "number of pixels", rather a "real" value).  r.watershed allows
me to assign a surface value, but isn't MFD.  Is anyone aware of any
algorithms that do both (use MFD and per-pixel values), either in GRASS or
Arc (or in some other package?)  Thanks!

--j

--

Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
NASA Postdoctoral Researcher