[GRASS-user] run commands sequentially - help please

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Aug 3 12:57:57 EDT 2006

Scott,

Thanks for the cleanup... now it is not so dirty

BTW I remember Markus showing us a way to save commands you type to the
GRASS CLI into a script (think is was X.save where X=something).. this
is good if you want to perform it once in geenral and then edit the
script for variations. Couldn't find it off hand in the docs.

I'd be interested to know if you could set and use variables in the
approach we used bellow. I never tried.  but if you could say use
output=$OUTMAP and input=$INMAP and then you can loop for a series of
maps. and the input and output are auto generated based on the basefile
name.

Can someone provide a sample snippet of how this might look?

Would the for loop be part of the said script, or would you call one
script from another passing variables?

This might be good if it is a repeated process you will use ALOT... a
type of mild automation.

I notice that in grass 6.1 there is lots of information in the OUTPUT
window of what is passed from the command... can you capture this?.. I
have not tried any of the icons....  if so then this is another way to
maybe build your script.  I'm likin 6.1 more and more

Just some thoughts.