[GRASS-user] voronoi for polygons

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Aug 7 09:20:40 EDT 2006

Hello,

I want to calculate voronoi areas for polygons, but I am stuck in
the "query-part".

using spearfish data I did:

v.extract input=fields at PERMANENT output=fields_extract list=41,36,46,21

v.to.points input=fields_extract output=fields_extract_points type=boundary

v.voronoi input=fields_extract_points output=fields_extract_points_voron

now I wanted to
- group all voronoi polygons which belong to points of one polygon (GIS query
overlap)
- calculate area of merged voronoi polygons and assign them to each original
polygon

but:

v.select operator=overlap gives:

v.select binput=fields_extract_points_voron_clean ainput=fields_extract_clean
atype=area btype=area output=test operator=overlap
Processing ainput areas ...
 100%
Writing attributes ...
Layer 1
v.select complete.
Building topology ...
0 primitives registered
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands:
Attaching centroids: Topology was built.
Number of nodes     :   0
Number of primitives:   0
Number of points    :   0
Number of lines     :   0
Number of boundaries:   0
Number of centroids :   0
Number of areas     :   0
Number of isles     :   0

anything wrong with the command?
I did it as well without b/atype=area but same result.

The problem how to calculate areas is not yet tackled ,-)

I appreciate any hint, Martin