[GRASS-user] convert from NetCDF to ESRI Shapefile + scripting + install FC5.

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue Aug 8 09:51:30 EDT 2006

Bjørge Solli napisa?(a):
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to Grass and I am wondering if it has capabilities to convert NetCDF
> files to vector shapefiles?

If your GDAL/OGR is built with NetCDF then v.in.ogr should handle this
format.

> Any other format for which there exist a program
> that converts it to shapefiles would also do.

ogr2ogr (if GDAL built with NetCDF)

> Is it possible to use Grass in automated scripts? (bash/ksh/perl)

Sure. See /where/your/grass/lives/scripts and Grass WIKI AddOns page for
examples.

> I also need some hints on installing it on Fedora Core 5 (EM64T CPU). It seems
> to be missing some files (I'm guessing this is bcs it looking the wrong
> places):
> Error: Missing Dependency: libsqlite3.so.0 is needed by package gdal
> Error: Missing Dependency: libhdf5.so.0 is needed by package gdal
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgeos.so.2 is needed by package gdal-bin
> Error: Missing Dependency: libsqlite3.so.0 is needed by package gdal-bin
> Error: Missing Dependency: libhdf5.so.0 is needed by package gdal-bin
> Error: Missing Dependency: libproj.so.0 is needed by package grass
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgeos.so.2 is needed by package qgis
> Error: Missing Dependency: libfftw.so.2 is needed by package grass
> Error: Missing Dependency: libsqlite3.so.0 is needed by package qgis
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgeos_c.so.1 is needed by package postgis
> Error: Missing Dependency: libproj.so.0 is needed by package postgis
> Error: Missing Dependency: libproj.so.0 is needed by package grass-bin
> Error: Missing Dependency: libfftw.so.2 is needed by package grass-bin
> Error: Missing Dependency: libproj.so.0 is needed by package qgis
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgeos.so.2 is needed by package gdal

> hdf5, geos, proj, fftw and sqlite are all installed.

How are you installing Grass and it's dependencies (source/rpm/else)?

> Is there any x86_64 packages available somewhere, the ones I tried are i386
> ones?

http://grass.itc.it/grass61/binary/linux/snapshot

You haven't looked too much, have you ;)?

Maciek