[GRASS-user] combining vector maps in GRASS

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Aug 9 13:38:41 EDT 2006

Bandon,

Try William Kyngesburye's most recent Mac builds (this week) if you can. I
don't know if this is a Mac issue or not. I'm copying it to the developer
list in case it is a bug that needs to be reported.

You can also try a script I did sometime back before v.overlay recognized
attribute tables. It's called v.append and you can get it from my website
<http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton/files/grass_scripts/>

It uses GDAL to merge the 2 vectors. You can take a look at the GDAL
commands in the script and do it manually and get more flexibility .

Michael

Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671