[GRASS-user] integration of sample.c algorithms into r.resample

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 14:47:57 EDT 2006

Hi,

I suppose that this is more for the developers...

I was thinking about integrating the 3 re-sampling algorithms (defined in
lib/gis/sample.c) into the current r.resample command. It is my understanding
that r.resample will currently only use the nearest neighbor algorithm.

would anyone else be interested in the addition of bilinear and cubic
convolution resampling to r.resample ?

PS: all that this will require is a bit of re-tooling in r.resmaple/main.c
such that it calls G_get_raster_sample() at each cell in  the input map.

PSS: thanks to Markus for moving these algorithms out of v.sample, and into a
library style format.

Cheers,

--
Dylan Beaudette