[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1175] add centroids automatically to area boundaries

Ulrich Leopold uleopold at science.uva.nl
Thu Aug 10 09:04:05 EDT 2006

Dear list,

I am trying to solve the impossible it seems. I have the following
problem:

I have a patched vector map with lines. These lines should be converted
into area boundaries in order to receive areas. Once boundaries are
retrieved I still need  to attach centroids to them in order to overlay
with *another* vector map which already consists of boundaries and areas
including centroids. How can I achieve this?

I tried to convert all lines into boundaries with
v.type type=line,boundary

It seems to work as there are only boundaries left. Next step would be
to add automatically centroids to these boundaries. How can this be
done?

Ulrich