[GRASS-user] Re: Making starspan grass-ready (need a GRASS programmer!)

Jonathan Greenberg jgreenberg at arc.nasa.gov
Mon Aug 14 14:03:12 EDT 2006

Dylan:

	Good suggestion -- the chief programmer of starspan has been
overloaded with his graduate work, so we're still looking for someone who
might be interested in helping us clean up some of the code (and adding that
feature you suggested -- I always end up just re-linking the csv back up
with the vector file if I need that function), and porting it over to GRASS.

	If anyone is not familiar with this program, we developed a way to
get raw raster values as well as some summary stats from a vector coverage
(similar to v.what.rast, but with all types of vectors including polygons
and lines), and does it extremely quickly.  It is also designed to work with
a set of rasters (e.g. you have one vector spanning 20 rasters, this will
create a single CSV from all of the rasters).

	The website is starspan.casil.ucdavis.edu if anyone is interested,
and please contact me if you might be up for working this into a new grass
module!

--j

--

Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD