[GRASS-user] out of memory

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Aug 15 00:48:19 EDT 2006

Harris,

we had similar problem recently with lidar data set with similar
number of points
and similar size of raster on a similar machine

it looks like bug/memory leak to me because we commonly compute much
larger DEMs from much larger data sets.
I would love to find out what is causing this - are you using a mask?

which version of GRASS do you use - we have fixed few memory leaks
recently but I was still running
out of memory for this particular data set after 86% was done.
There is no reason for the program to run out of memory near the end
of the execution - it either
runs out of memory at the beginning due to extremely large number of
points or it should finish.
If you could email me more info about the parameters that you are
using and the data set
maybe we can find it,

Helena

Helena Mitasova
Dept. of Marine, Earth and Atm. Sciences
1125 Jordan Hall, NCSU Box 8208,
Raleigh NC 27695
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/