[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii error: G_realloc

Praktikant/in2 ARP praktikant.agi at bd.so.ch
Wed Aug 16 09:33:23 EDT 2006

Thank you for the help. I've done everything like Maciek suggested. So
everything is working fine until using v.surf.rst.
I have one big vector file in Grass with about 11Million points. But when I
try to interpolate the file
with v.surf.rst the same error occurs:

ERROR: G_realloc: out of memory

Seems that the file is too big for v.surf.rst. 7952735 points are used for
the interpolation an 60521936bytes are used for the temporary files.
v.surf.idw as alternative doesn`t work because of the missing topology.
It is not possible to make the file smaller.

So any suggestions will be very welcome :-)

Best regards

Michael