AW: [GRASS-user] v.in.ascii error: G_realloc

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Wed Aug 16 12:58:26 EDT 2006

Praktikant/in2 ARP napisa?(a):

> Thanks a lot for your help Maciek.
>
> I`ve done everything as described. But when I run
>
> nnbathy -W 0 -P alg=nn -n 300x300 -x 605450 606050 -y 232550 231950 -i dtm >
> interpolated_xyz_output
>
> I get an error: Speicherzugriffsfehler (I think its something like
> segmentation fault in English)
>
> Maybe there is an error in my input line?
>
> I also tried r.in.xyz and r.surf.nnbathy.
> r.in.xyz is working fine. But when I use the created raster I get the error:
>
> r.stats:  100%
>
> nnbathy IN ACTION - MAY TAKE SOME TIME
>
> PLEASE STAND BY UNTIL 'ALL DONE' IS PRINTED
>
> CONVERTING nnbathy OUTPUT TO GRASS RASTER
>
> ERROR: Data conversion failed at row 1, col 1

That suggests nnbathy failed, then r.in.ascii couldn't read it's output.
(I should implement some error trapping here, hopefully will do; noted
down.)

Where there any errors when you built the nn library or nnbathy?

How big is your your input dtm text file? Can you send it to me (if not
more than few MB packed) or put somewhere for download?

I just tried reproducing your problem, as far it is possible with
limited information you provided, and nnbathy 1.66 as well as
r.surf.nnbathy work OK for me. I need your data to test further.

Maciek