[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1177] Re: Buffer distance map around points.

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 18:46:35 EDT 2006

Or,

try r.cost with a constant cost function

i.e. in the spearfish sample dataset:

#make a raster with constant value
r.plane name=const elevation=1 type=int easting=593786.1875
northing=4919369.0625

#calculate distance from bugsites
r.cost -k in=const out=bugsites_dist start_points=bugsites

#quantize as required
r.reclass ....

see attached

Cheers,