[GRASS-user] gdal floating point exception

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Mon Aug 21 03:43:09 EDT 2006

Zenon Panoussis napisał(a):
> jarekj at amu.edu.pl wrote:
>

>> if I run gdalinfo it return "floating point exception"
>> with ldd and gdb I found that problem is due to tls libraries.
>>

> Are you sure it's TLS and not just some general linking problem?
> I had some weird library behaviour with gdal and solved it with
>
>  echo "/usr/lib/gdal" >/etc/ld.so.conf.d/gdal-i386.conf
>  ldconfig
>
> You have nothing to lose by giving it a try, adjust path and
> architecture as needed first.

I tried and failed.

Exaclty it is problem with ld-linux.so.2 during loading  with
static-dynamic linking:
reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.2
#0  0xb7ef693d in _dl_allocate_static_tls (map=0xb7eed520) at dl-reloc.c:74
74        offset = GL(dl_tls_static_used) + (freebytes - n *
map->l_tls_align
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb7ef693d in _dl_allocate_static_tls (map=0xb7eed520) at dl-reloc.c:74
#1  0xb7ef803a in _dl_relocate_object (l=0xb7f03ff4, scope=0xb76d9efc,
lazy=1,
    consider_profiling=0) at ../sysdeps/i386/dl-machine.h:512

I understad that a little (I'm not a linux c programmer), but I think,
everbody who compiled grass, compiled gdal also, and nobody had a
problem (it would be mentioned on group) - now I looking for what I do wrong

maybe it is hardware problem (AMD), I don't know...

regards
jarek