[GRASS-user] grass promotion

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Tue Aug 22 07:19:16 EDT 2006

Hello Martin,

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:08:05 +0200 Martin Wegmann
<wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 August 2006 10:12, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 09:45:08AM +0200, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> > > Hello Jachym,
> > >
> > > a couple of months ago I played around with an internet shop
> > > (spreadshirt, cafepress) for GRASS promotion, however due to the
> > > uncertain foundation structure in this times (what to do with
> > > money) I did not set the shop up properly and abandoned it
> > > (perhaps it still works, I have to try).
>
> it is still working and I uploaded the vector graphics (takes one day
> to be verified) - Jachym if you want to login and add some
> motives/t-shirts etc. please contact me offlist.
>
> > the easiest thing could be to assign the money to the German GRASS
> > Association (GAV - Anwender-Vereinigung e.V.,
> > http://www.grass-verein.de/) which is a registered, tax-exempt
> > charity to support GRASS users.
>
> ok, if thats fine with everybody I will add the GAV bank account for
> the european (EURO zone) shop. It does not mean that the shop if
> online and people can buy stuff, this can be decided later on.
>
> > > I would highly appreciate a GRASS promotion shop and perhaps it
> > > would be a good idea to join the cafepress/OSGeo discussion on
> > > the VisCom ML.
> >
> > OSGeo is also going cafepress now:
> >  http://www.cafepress.com/OSGeo
>
> we could set up a http://www.cafepress.com/GRASS for North-America
> because you have to pay shipping costs if you live in Europe or
> elsewhere.
>
> > > Nevertheless it has to be clarified who is in charge of the money
> > > (I saw a few mails about committee election or so but did not go
> > > deeper into it, if these persons are eligible to handle the
> > > money, we could go forward.)
> >
> > For the time being it could be GAV Germany or individual people
> > or maybe OSGeo (the 501(c)(3) status is still pending since it is
> > a lot of paperword).
>
> let me know if GAV is fine - anyway we can change it afterwards.

I will bring this topic up on the GAV-list and come back to you soon.
>From my point of view it is OK, but I will recheck with other
GAV-members.

Best
	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508