[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1178] how to use cloud cover with r.sun?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Aug 24 07:30:21 EDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 04:40:33PM +0530, Vishal Mehta wrote:
>    Hamish,
>
>    You may be right that elevation in meters is being used as degrees (my
>    region is lat long, elevation in meters)...

As far as I know the latlong usage is disabled in r.topidx
exactly for this reason: r.topidx cannot deal with latlong
locations and elevation being in meters.

Maybe the same applies to r.sun? I have added Jaro in cc,
probably he can send us a comment.

Markus

PS: Jaro: the thread is here:
    http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2006-August/thread.html#35863