[GRASS-user] The gstat R library's: memory problem

Pierluigi De Rosa sisma66 at tiscali.it
Thu Aug 24 10:29:33 EDT 2006

Dear all users of gstat

I'm using the gstat library for univariate geostatistics analysis,
I have to interpolate with kriging value of water level from wells to evaluate
the water table.
I use the univarsal kriging and the indipendent variable is the digital
elevation model (DEM)
If I use a DEM with resolution of 20 mt I have an error memory

This is the string command I use for do that:

OK_res20=krige(LEV_MAG91~DEM,loc=pozzi91_meno,newdata=DEM20,model=vgm_fit_mag91_DEM)

This is the error I have
Error: cannot allocate vector of size 3995610 Kb

If I use a DEM with resolution of 30 mt (using r.resample.rst)

(This is the string)
OK_res30=krige(LEV_MAG91~DEM,loc=pozzi91_meno,newdata=DEM30,model=vgm_fit_mag91_DEM)

every thinks works ok, is this a bug?? Maybe  Dr. Pebesma can help me!! :-)

Thanks, Pierluigi

P.S.
this is my region setting

g.region -p
projection: 99 (Transverse Mercator)
zone:       0
datum:      rome40
ellipsoid:  international
north:      4829500
south:      4813540
west:       2280740
east:       2298420
nsres:      20
ewres:      20
rows:       798
cols:       884

--
Pierluigi De Rosa

Department of Enviromental & Civil engineering
Faculty of Engineering
Perugia (Italy)