[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1178] how to use cloud cover with r.sun?

Vishal Mehta vishalm1975 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 07:53:09 EDT 2006

On 8/24/06, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> This problem can be solved to an extent by using the value from the
> PROJ_UNITS file to convert ground distances to metres (although that
> requires that the PROJ_UNITS file actually contains the correct
> value).

I did'nt fully understand this comment Glynn. Could you please elaborate
this idea?
FYI,
GRASS 6.0.1 (cru3):~/CRU > g.proj -w
GEOGCS["wgs84",
    DATUM["WGS_1984",
        SPHEROID["wgs84",6378137,298.257223563],
        TOWGS84[0.000,0.000,0.000]],
    PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],
    UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433]]

And my Proj_units file in the PERMANENT mapset is:
unit: degree
units: degrees
meters: 1.0

I'm not sure what the last line of g.proj -w means, what does unit there
refer to,
as opposed to the proj_units 'meters' field?

thanks,
vishal