[GRASS-user] RE: [GRASSLIST:1174] Working with very large dat asets

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Fri Aug 25 12:19:38 EDT 2006

No, actually all acquisition was done on Windows computers. Our navigation
software only runs on Windows as well. I'm going to try buying my own laptop
and using Ubuntu Linux with Grass 6.3 in the field next survey season to
test that out. We never seem to have an adequate GIS in the field during
data acquisition. I'd like to be able to test out a bunch of scripts that I
wrote for converting from our navigation trackline format to Grass vector
format. I think your v.swathwidth would also come in handy in survey
planning as well.

I've never tried compiling Grass on Cygwin so I'm not much help there.

~ Eric.