[GRASS-user] ./configure oddities

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Aug 30 00:58:40 EDT 2006

On Aug 29, 2006, at 10:48 PM, Zenon Panoussis wrote:

> Some configure errors:
>
> checking whether to use MySQL... yes
> checking for location of MySQL includes... /usr/include/mysql
> checking for mysql.h... yes
> checking for location of MySQL library... /usr/lib64/mysql
> checking for mysql_query in -lmysqlclient... yes
> checking for mysql_config... /usr/bin/mysql_config
> checking for mysql_server_init... no
> configure: warning: libmysqld not found
>
> On my CentOS 4.3 system with all mysql packages installed (base,
> client, server, devel), there is no mysql_server_init and no
> libmysqld. Why is it trying to find them? I assume they are not
> really needed because it only gives a warning, not an error. If
> I knew what it's utterly trying to check for, I could tell it
> what to look for.

For mysqld I found that I had to set MYSQLD_CONFIG before running
configure.  ie:

export MYSQLD_CONFIG=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config

or whereever your mysql is installed.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin