[GRASS-user] Working with USA Public Land Survey System

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Wed Aug 30 21:14:47 EDT 2006

I have a set of surveyed-section boundaries* for northern California
from the United States Public Land Survey System and would like to use
GRASS to find geometric fractions of these roughly square sections.
For example, I would like to divide a particular section into equal
quarters by bisecting it east-west and north-south and then save the
northwest quarter for further analysis. Can anyone suggest a method to
do this acurately?

* Used for legal descriptions of parcels given in terms of townships and
  ranges.

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13