[GRASS-user] compiling gdal with grass + define grass data directory in compiling options

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Dec 2 10:29:16 EST 2006

hi,

on my laptop i'm using a binary-rpm of gdal for using together with grass. now i have a new linux-machine and want to compile also gdal from source.

in the gdal-compiling-configure i saw the two options --with-grass and --with-libgrass. do i need setting these two options on for working gdal together with grass?  maybe be this would be good addition in the wiki because of gdal being a requirement for grass?

on my laptop i have the data-directory in /home/helli/grassdata. on my new linux box i want to use an additional disk for the grassdata-directory. for compiling grass is it possible to define the grassdata-location in the compiling-options?

greetings and thanks in advance
helli

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o--o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
helmut kudrnovsky
www.alectoria.at