[GRASS-user] GRASS 6 under solaris

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Tue Dec 5 01:39:52 EST 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 19:34:35 +0000 (GMT)
Paul Kelly <paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello Otto
> I have some Solaris binaries on here:
> ftp://ftp.qub.ac.uk/pub/users/paulk/grass/
> Not too up-to-date though, and they required some packages from
> http://sunfreeware.com/ (can't remember which ones but should be obvious
> >from runtime error messages I think).
>
> I don't remember there being any big issues with compiling it - do you
> have any specific problems?

Hi Paul,

that sounds promissing and no, I haven't even started yet and don't know if I
get remote access to that mashine at all. I was just asked, if there are any
known problems and if it is possible. Because I don't have any experiences with
GRASS on solaris yet, that's why i asked in advance.

thanks a lot,
  Otto