[GRASS-user] compiling --with-glw on suse 10.1

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Dec 5 18:37:25 EST 2006

Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> in the moment i'm a little confused about the compiling-option --with-glw.

That switch is unnecessary for normal compilation. It's only required
for r3.showdspf, which isn't normally built; if you want it, you have
build it manually (e.g. "make -C raster3d/r3.showdspf").

As similar functionality is now provided by NVIZ, r3.showdspf is
deprecated.

> on my suse 10.1-laptop configuration with this option everything is ok.
>
> on my new suse 10.1-pc there comes up an error-message in the
> configuration-step (sorry i'm not near the pc in the office for the
> exact error-messages).
>
> little question:
>
> what means exactly --with-glw? so maybe i can check then missing
> libraries (x11, ?....)

The GLw library provides OpenGL "canvas" widgets for Athena and Motif.
r3.showdspf uses the Motif widget (so you also need a Motif library,
e.g. Lesstif or OpenMotif).