[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] Changes to r.sun made Feb 2006 [resolved]

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 02:42:00 EST 2006

Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> > Get local Linke values from the SoDa Solar radiation Databases
> >   http://www.soda-is.com/
>
> Tried this, and got unrealistic values for my site.

how so? Have you calculated good Linke values from your light meters?
(formula for that, please?)

beware some LICOR meters return PAR (400-700nm) and some full spectrum.
The PAR measurements should be adjusted before comparison with r.sun
results to compensate for the missing wavelengths (but fortunately
evolution has calibrated plants (and eyes) pretty well to match the
sun's dominant energies).

Hamish