[GRASS-user] 'ARNing: Cannot open driver 'dbf"

Raymond Fu raymond_fu at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 21:59:24 EST 2006

hi,

  Sorry, I work in a user level, and know not much about C.  Can you suggest me what the "special treatment"  and how to make the "special treatment" by command line or other ways so that the g.copy can be run without error?

  Thanks in advance.

  Raymond

Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it> wrote:
  Hamish wrote on 12/07/2006 07:05 AM:
> Raymond Fu wrote:
>
>> I try to exame the location from window explorer, and I can found
>> the road.dbf in c:\cwgin\home\xxx\spearfish60\PERMANENT\dbf\
>>
>> Both command d.rast roads, d.what.vect works fine. The road can be
>> displayed and I can use mouse to read the features attributes from a
>> prompt window.
>>

> if d.what.vect can read the DBF file ok, but g.copy can't, I'm not sure
> why. Does your user name (\home\xxx ?) have a space or non
> alpha-numberic character in it?
>

> Can anyone else copy vector maps in windows?

Hamish,

in manage/lib/do_copy.c, 'mkdir' is used which IMHO needs a special
treatment
on Windows. See for example lib/gis/mapset_msc.c

Markus