[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] Changes to r.sun made Feb 2006 [resolved]

jararias at ujaen.es jararias at ujaen.es
Fri Dec 8 07:09:14 EST 2006

Hi all,

firstly, I really hope not to interfere in this conversation. I assist
expectant to the thread cause is very interesting for me.

It seems you want to get diffuse component from global radiation. If I
have understood well, you estimate it as the 10%-20% of the global one.
Just a little suggestion that I hope not to be very simplistic. Have you
think about a correlation between the clearness-index and the proportion
of diffuse? There exist several correlations around the world such as the
studies of Orgill, Reindl, Erbs, Holland or Duffie, for example. They
usually use hourly values. You can easily obtain a estimation for the
hourly diffuse component (and, therefore, for the hourly direct beam one)
from the hourly global irradiation measured with a pyranometer as the
LICOR. If you are interesting in this approach just let me know and I will
be delighted of sending you more references. Now I can't be more explicit
because I don't have access to my personal data-base cause I am not at the
office.

Kind regards,

José A.