[GRASS-user] Release Candidate and CVS diff

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Sat Dec 9 09:17:15 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-09 at 12:16 +0100, Michele wrote:
> Dear All,
> if I use the "CVS diff snapshot" to grass6.2.0 Weekly
> available, I'll have the same code of the release candidate,
> Am I right?

I'm not certain if the patches are cumulative.  Someone else may be
better to answer that.

> To use the "diff" file is a better choice for me having a very
> slow connection and it will preserve bandwidth...

If you're interested in saving bandwidth over the long term, you might
want to checkout the stable branch from CVS.  The first time is a bit of
a pain, but from then on, all you need to do is 'cvs up -PAd' and you're
current.

CVS tags are here with brief instructions:
http://grass.itc.it/devel/cvstags.php

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                    KB8UYR/6
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785